Intel, Asus, Cooler Master, Corsair Memory, Dell, Compaq, Gigabyte, Mercury, zebronics, AMD, Nexus, Delta, IBM, HP, Apple, Acer, BenQ, Sony, Samsung, LG, Philips, Transcend, Nvidia, SiS, Logitech, Alps Electric Corporation, Creative Technology, ASRock, Asus

Blog Archive

Tuesday 26 April 2011

OCZ Vertex 3 Pro Preview: The First SF-2500 SSD

For the past six months I've been working on research and testing for the next major AnandTech SSD article. I figured I had enough time to line up its release with the first samples of the next-generation of high end SSDs. After all, it seems like everyone was taking longer than expected to bring out their next-generation controllers. I should've known better.

At CES this year we had functional next-generation SSDs based on Marvell and SandForce controllers. The latter was actually performing pretty close to expectations from final hardware. Although I was told that drives wouldn't be shipping until mid-Q2, it was clear that preview hardware was imminent. It was the timing that I couldn't predict.

A week ago, two days before I hopped on a flight to Barcelona for MWC, a package arrived at my door. OCZ had sent me a preproduction version of their first SF-2500 based SSD: the Vertex 3 Pro. The sample was so early that it didn't even have a housing, all I got was a PCB and a note:

Read on for our full, in-depth preview of OCZ's Vertex 3 Pro.

]]>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TOP PRODUCTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design by ROCKY| computer hardware by ROCKY